Tomás Ó Riain GAA GAA
Ard Stiúrthóir Páirc an Chrócaigh, Croke Park,
Baile Átha Cliath 3 Dublin 3
Guthán +353 1 865 8600 Telephone +353 1 865 8600
10ú Iúil 2020
Maidir Le: Match Regulations
Please find attached an outline of match regulations for Counties ahead of a return to competitive games
on July 17th as approved by An Coiste Bainistíochta on July 9th. These regulations can be used as a basis
for your own Match Regulations; additional regulations can be added if required.
Below is a summary of the proposed changes form the current Inter-County Match Regulations which
most Counties base their regulations on:
• Only a maximum of 24 players (starting 15 and nine-panel members) shall be allowed within the
pitch enclosure during the playing of the game. Panel members can rotate between inside and
outside of the pitch enclosure. As per rule, there is no limit on the size of a club match day panel.
• A maximum of five (football) & seven (hurling) Team Officials shall be allowed within the pitch
enclosure during the playing of our games. It is suggested that these should be:
• One Bainisteoir
• One Maor Fóirne
• Two Medics
• One Club Official
• Two Maor Caman (Hurling Only)
• Subs and Team officials should be positioned on opposite sides of the pitch to allow for
government guidelines around social distancing to be followed.
• The use of Dugouts is discouraged, but they may be used provided the government guidelines
around social distancing are followed (currently 2m between each person)
• Maor Uisce (Water Carriers) are not permitted in either Football or Hurling.
• One water break will take place between the 15th & 20thminute in each half at the referee’s
• Two Maor Caman (Hurley Carriers) are permitted in hurling, but are not allowed to carry water
into the players and may enter the field of play only with a replacement hurley when necessary.
• The referee has the authority during the game to send any person in breach of the regulations to
the stand/outside the pitch enclosure and such person cannot be replaced.
• Covid-19 guidelines issued to players and team officials.
• CCCC will draw up new Inter-County Match Regulations in advance of the Inter-County
Championship based on the latest Covid-19 guidelines – in the interim, the guidelines in the
attached should pertain. Counties should also note that as Covid-19 continues to be a fluid
situation, C.C.C.C may recommend further changes to deal with particular issues in the coming
Is mise le meas,
Tomás O Riain