Na Gaeil Oga record big win

U-15 Division 2 ACHL
Kevin Herron reports from the Bear Pit

Na Gaeil Oga continued their unbeaten start to the season with victory over Con Magee’s at the Bear Pit on Thursday evening.
The Lamh Dhearg and Sarsfields combination made a terrific start with Fionn Jemfrey finding the back of the net early on from Conal Mervyn’s through ball.
A second arrived shortly after with Gerard Doherty profiting this time from Corey Camlin’s hard work in attack.
Con Magee’s got off with a mark through a fantastic point from Joseph McKay.
Na Gaeil Oga’s third goal of the half came courtesy of Conor O’Neill and a point followed through Sean McLaren.
Fionn Jemfrey added to his earlier goal with back to back points before Sean McLaren rifled to the net following a neat move involving Conor McConville.
Joseph McKay replied with a point from range for Con Magee’s but Fionn Jemfrey engineered his second goal of the evening with a marauding burst and finish to the net.
Jemfrey would find his third goal shortly after, combing with Conor O’Neill and picking his spot in the top corner of the net.
Oisin McKeown converted a free to keep the scoreboard ticking for the visitors with Joseph McKay conjuring up his third point from the same scenario to make it back to back scores.
Na Gaeil Oga responded through a Conor McConville point and the midfielder would find the net shortly after from Fionn Jemfrey’s assist.

Jemfrey would add a point with McKeown converting two frees in-between a goal through Joseph McKay before the half was out.
Na Gaeil Oga increased their lead upon the resumption through Sean McLaren’s second goal of the game with Joseph McKay hitting his third point in the aftermath.
McLaren was in sensational form and hit three goals in succession – the second of which was a powerful strike that the gave the stand-in Con Magee’s goalkeeper no chance.
A second goal from wing-half forward Conor O’Neill followed with Conor McConville then adding a point.
Sean McLaren then deftly flicked the ball to the net and after making a host of changes at the second half water break- Matthew Murray added a point upon his introduction.
Points were the order of the day for the hosts with Conal Mervyn and Sean McLaren conjuring up scores before Mervyn saw a shot come off the post and Gerard Doherty swooped in for his second goal of the evening.
McLaren added his second point of the half- his sides last of the evening with Oisin McKeown converting a free and McKay adding his sides last from play.
The games final goal arrived through Sean McLaren as Na Gaeil Oga secured a third successive league win.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.