Club chairman, Michael Hardy presents Terry Hasson with the Healthy club award. Rasharkin were one of only two clubs in Antrim to receive the award this year
St.Mary’s Rasharkin Annual Dinner Dance 2017
St. Mary’s GAC Rasharkin held their Annual Dinner Dance at the Wild Duck on Friday past with all guests, members, players and friends of St.Mary’s enjoying a good evenings’ entertainment.
Club vice Chairman Thomas Doherty was an excellent compere for the evening, keeping proceedings running smoothly throughout with his unique facts and confident charm. He thanked Eileen Collins, the management and staff at the Wild Duck for their superb service.
Club Chairman Michael Hardy addressed the gathering after a wonderful meal, he welcomed special guests All Ireland winning Camogie captain Aoife Cassidy along with County Camogie Chairperson Julia McMullan and Secretary Siobhan Poulter and spoke of the achievements on and off the field of play over the last twelve months. He paid particular tribute to the Camogie activity at all levels in the club singling out the success of our U16 and U12 winning their respective leagues. Michael congratulated all our teams and mentors throughout the club suggesting that all adult teams in the three codes have made definite strides forward since last term.
Michael then thanked all the clubs sub-committees for their endeavours throughout the busy season – Finance, Development, Coaching, Discipline, Grounds, Camogie, Public Relations and acknowledged the work of our Healthy club lead by Terry Hasson. He said that St.Mary’s are indeed a leading light at club, county and provincial level with Healthy Club development and initiatives.
Full Shilling then provided the entertainment for the remainder of the evening.
2) Camogie Chairperson, Julia McMullan presents the U12B League trophy to camogie U12 manager, Paul Hasson.
3) Camogie chairperson Julia McMullan presrents U16C League trophy to U16 captain, Roisin Hardy.
4) Club trustee, Pat Hasson presents the McKillop family shield for juvenile team of the year to Niamh Mullan, Amy McMullan and Kerrie Darragh.
5) Special guest, Aoife Cassidy (Slaughtneil and Derry camog) presents the most improved camog award to Niamh Mullan.
6) Brendan McMullan presents the most improved hurler award to Conor Doherty.
7) Liam Hardy presents the most improved footballer award to Kevin McMullan.
8) Senior team manager, Cathal McMullan presents the reserve player of the year award to Gerard O’Hagan.
9) Aoife Cassidy presents the camog of the year award to Clare McCaughan.
10) Shauna Marie McMullan receives the hurler of the year award on behalf of Daniel Doherty from Hannah Gribben.
11) Donal McLernon presents the senior footballer of the year award to Donagh Quigg.
12) Karol Doherty presents the club person of the year award to Amy McMullan.
13) Brendan Etherson presents a cheque to Paddy McIlwaine who received it on behalf of the ‘Saffron Gael’ at St. Mary’s GAC Rasharkin Annual Dinner and presentation in the Wild Duck on Friday night.